Guidelines & Criteria
The Ethel and W. George Kennedy Family Foundation, Inc., is a private family foundation, created for charitable purposes to help improve the quality of life within the community of Miami-Dade County, Florida.
In pursuing their goals and desires, the family members of the Foundation and others, who make up its Board of Directors, award grants for a variety of purposes and projects principally to organizations which provide or support directly or indirectly, education, health care, technological assistance, rehabilitation and welfare for children and families.
I. To be considered for a contribution, applicants must provide proof of the Internal Revenue Code tax-exempt code 501(c)(3).
II. In addition, Board approved grants are only available to non-profits operating in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
In awarding grants, the Foundation takes into consideration the following criteria:
- The applicant demonstrates program staff capabilities, sound fiscal policies, and responsible financial management.
- The applicant has an independent Board of Directors with policy-making authority, which fairly reflects the organization's constituencies.
- The applicant shows the capacity for future evaluation of the results of the proposed project or program.
- The applicant describes the relationship between the proposed project or program and other similar programs in the area and demonstrates that the proposal does not represent any unnecessary duplication.
- The applicant is a start-up organization or an existing organization.
The Foundation also awards, upon occasion, grants for other charitable purposes such as health-related issues and the arts for children and "Director sponsored" grants outside of Miami-Dade County.